Friday, February 13, 2009

Tomorrow is Valentine's day...

Who do you love? Believe it or not, my kindergarten music class is full of kids who can love the way we are suppsoed to. I can reprimand them for picking noses, not following directions, or using "bad" words, and I can still be sure to receive hugs on the way out. That's pretty special.

When someone gets on your case, what do you do? Do you "bite back" or do you take it and try to improve it?

For so long I have been the kind to either ignore it and move on, or bite back. But lately I have been more willing to be what my kindergartners are - givers of unconditional love.

Jesus was like that. How many insults, injuries, and inhuman acts did he endure in our stead? The least I can do is take a little feedback and turn it into love.

So - who will you love this Valentine's day?

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: