Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Natural foods

One of the coolest things about my new lifestyle is the number of fresh, natural, and organic foods I have gotten into, as well as fresh cooking. I have no facts or research to back it up, but I've gotta believe that those things are better for you.

There really isn't any way for me to get rid of prepackaged/non-organic completely, but we do a lot to try. If we can, we buy organic, especially fruits/veggies, milk, chicken, and snacks. We use a lot of "fresh" meat, and I cook fresh for bfast and dinner most days. The only thing I eat out of a box is ingredients for fresh meals, or frozen Lean Cuisine/WW meals for lunch at school.

I have even been making my own nut butters - sunflower, almond, hazelnut, and soy. Very cool.

There aren't a lot of whole food or natural food stores in our area. The best is either the organic/vegan section in Wegman's, or Lori's natural foods in Henrietta (Roch). We went there yesterday, and it was awesome!

Try some organic this week!

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: