Monday, February 23, 2009

The problem with goals...

Is that once you reach one, you have to set another one!

I hate equating my life to sports sometimes, because I have almost no experience, but here it goes...

One of the other band directors here in Albion is a varsity coach. Even in the off-season he makes sure his players are staying in shape. They work, and train, all basically to score a goal. Yay! But once the get one, they try to get another. Life is like that.

I achieved my weight goal Saturday. 157 pounds. Now what?

Maintenance? Yes. Muscle and skin tone? Definitely.

But perhaps there are some other areas I can improve...

Spiritual life. Organization. Financial health. Musical aptitude. I'm sure u can come up with many more.

My point is this - training is a king process, and there is always another level. God gives me the strength to do that, and Jesus is my coach.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: