Sunday, February 8, 2009

So, now, you may want to know what my life is like "living fit." I get up by 4:15 (yes, AM), sync my iPhone, stretch, then walk 3 miles on the treadmill while watching podcasts, blogging, and entering my menu into my food journal (more on this ESSENTIAL part of my life another time). I then do yoga and strength training on the Wii for 30 minutes. Shower and breakfast (usually a 2-egg beater omelette with sausage, cheese, bacon, pepper and onion) and coffee, then go to work. At work I eat either a salad or a healthy microwave frozen entrée. After work, I come home and make dinner, and, depending on rehearsals, walk another 3 miles some where between 5 and 7:30 PM. I keep this schedule every day, even on weekends, unless I am away, injured, or sick. And even then I try to find some way to do something. Once the weather warms enough, my bicycle will return to the road, taking me to school and back in addition to this routine. Bed by 9PM. That's a typical day!

Oops - the entire body is in the subject!!! I guess that means I have more room.

I made exercise a habit. Conscious decisions, people! Don't make excuses, and get up away from the TV and computer, and do something to make your life better.

I hate going to Burger King (where I get the TenderGRILL salad BTW) when we are out, and seeing people order a double cheeseburger meal with fries and a large drink...for their 10 year old! It may seem cheap now, but their kids will pay more for it in the long run through medical bills and health care die to obesity, clogged arteries, and overall poor health, because mom and dad took the easy, cheap route.

So my mission is to educate, somehow, even if it is in my own little sphere of influence, people on how to save money, live longer, and more importantly, build a better future for themselves and their children, by "Living Fit."

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: