Monday, February 16, 2009

Holiday weekends...

Uugghh...

Ate too much this weekend. Thankfully I have learned enough to know that eating like that can NOT be an everday occasion.

When some aspect of our lives becomes common, we take it for granted. The COMMON cold, for instance - we just kind of expect it, and live with it. But did you know that they have now DNA mapped 99 strains of the rhino virus, the most common cause for the common cold?

A group of people don't accept the common-ness of the common cold, so they are working on a cure.

For so long I told myself that I was better off than most, not as good as some. I thought I was common. This past spring started my trek towards being an uncommon, and it took me NOT ACCEPTING how I was living.

One of my favorite lines is "Good health is just the slowest way to die." it's also the best way I know to set an example, and be a good steward of the great things given to me by Jesus.

Are you uncommon?

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: