Monday, February 17, 2014

Florida, Day 3 (or, "Living Off-Schedule")

Florida day 3.  Sunday.  I slept from about 1:30 am, when we finally settled in from the previous days journey, until about 7:30.  That's good for me.

At some point, Brian went out for coffee and breakfast, seeing as we had no food yet in the house!  He returned from Dunkin Donuts with tea for me, coffee for him and Lisa, and sandwiches for everybody.

We talked about hitting a beach on one of the coasts, but after all the driving we did the past two days, decided we would rather just hang in the house.  We ventured out to the pool in the morning, and I spent a little time by myself praying, thanking God for this trip.  For not having to put on gloves when I go outside.  For the sun, on my face and warming my body.  For time "off-schedule."

That's hard for us sometimes.  We are planners (not doomsday peppers, though).  We like to know what we are doing when.  This trip, while we do have stuff planned, will be a good break from that, I hope.

So Brian and Kate went off to play tennis at the development's court, and I took the best shower ever.  Seriously.  The shower was huge (I could have easily fit our small bathroom at home in it), and I was able to enjoy a long hot shower, without worrying about running out of hot water, or the water bill going up.

After the best shower ever, we went for a walk outside, around the streets of our development.  In February...awesome.  Took some pictures, talked about retirement (someday, wouldn't it be nice, etc), and enjoyed family time.

We came back from our walk, and Adam decided to swim with Brian and Kate.  I wasn't in the mood for swimming, so I just watched, and enjoyed the sun.  We saw a sky-writer, and it was a perfect message for a Sunday:

Then we all hopped in the car to go grocery shopping, stopping at a local farm stand (strawberries, tomatoes, onions, bananas, oranges) before filling our carts with what we needed for the week, and things we didn't think to bring from home.

Upon returning, Adam watched Turbo, a redbox movie, while we all relaxed in our own way.  I surfed the web on the couch, Lisa napped, and Brian and Kate hung by the pool.  Eventually, Adam joined Brian and Kate in the pool, and expelled lots of energy!

We all helped prepare dinner - burgers and dogs on the grill, with fresh toppings from the farm stand.  And we ate outside.  In February.  Awesome.

The rest of the night was relaxing, chatting, and then splitting up and hitting the sack.  I praise God for a wonderful day, off-schedule.

No comments: